Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning - Gadgets You Can Get Rid Of - NYTimes.com

Spring Cleaning - Gadgets You Can Get Rid Of - NYTimes.com

What do you think of this list of gadgets to keep and lose?

I still have a desktop - and so does my husband. But I am looking into buying a new ultraportable (think Lenova's Thinkpad...) and an iPad soon. Yes, I am definitely moving in this direction.

We still need Internet at home, as our phones are dumb (get it...not smart...).

Cable TV: haven't had it for years!

Camera and camcorder: still have them and use them and love them.

Thumb drive: I just email files!

I have an iPod Shuffle for working out. Never had an iPod, and now I probably never will!

Alarm clock: Nope, we use our phones!

GPS: Nope. I print directions from mapquest!

Books: Still reading the real deal. Maybe once I get my iPad, that will change...

Just cool to see the products we have now and the way technology has changed our lives in just a few short years. And it keeps getting faster. Crazy. Singularity, here we come!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This is interesting. If you're planning for your phones to get smart, you should definitely consider an iPhone. An iPhone can be your phone, web browser, HD video camera, camera, GPS, iPod, workout tracker (some awesome apps for running which you would like), alarm and the list goes on and on.... Pair it with a portable laptop for when you need to type a lot of text, and you almost need nothing else! I am a big fan of the Kindle though - you would love it if you decide to invest in it. I missed paper books very much at first, but the benefits really outweigh the downside.