Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our Summer on the Domain has Started...

"The Sewanee School of Letters, an innovative summer Master’s Degree program in English and Creative Writing, is the newest literary initiative on a campus known for them."

After a little over eight hours in a fully packed Rav4, a chocolate fudge frosty shake, three naps, three states, and two stops for Baby Riley, we arrived in Sewanee for our summer on the Domain. We started moving in around 4pm, and took a break for dinner at around 8pm. This is the first time Shawn and I have lived in an apartment together, and we are excited for the adventure.

For those of you who have not been to Sewanee, I am sorry. The campus is beautiful: stone buildings, mountains in the background, green and clouds and inspiration everywhere you look. Oh, and the best water you have ever tasted! Seriously!


Riley slept well in her pack and play last night, and she seemed to enjoy her first day at the University of the South. Together, the three of us watched Nadal take Federer, took a walk so I could finish registering, and traveled to a nearby Super Walmart to stock up for the next three weeks. A great start to the next six weeks!

Classes start tomorrow at 10am, and I am planning on my first run sometime before that. I will be sure to keep you all updated over the next month and a half.

Like all college students, I know how exciting it is to receive mail while away at school. Just in case you feel motivated to break out the stationary and stamps, my mailing address is below.

Lindsey Harding
School of Letters
University of the South
735 University Avenue
Sewanee, TN 37383

Otherwise, feel free to keep in touch via phone calls, emails, and blog comments - and, I will do the same!

Here's to a second summer at Sewanee! Already, it feels like my home away from home.

2 comments:

Irene Da Costa said...

Linds! The campus is beautiful! And I'm so excited for you to "go back to school!" You'll do amazing! Miss you already! :0)

Kira said...

Gorgeous campus!!!! It is like a vacation just going to school.