Friday, May 7, 2010

My Amazing Mom!

This past week, my mom came to visit. The goal of the visit was to spend time together, hang out with Riley, and nest like crazy! Boy, did we ever accomplish those goals. I am so fortunate to have a mom spend a week of her vacation time helping me getting ready for our little boy with some serious hard work. Mom, I cannot tell you how much the past week meant to me. I loved organizing and cleaning with you. We make such a good team. We also enjoyed some quality down-time at several G-ville restaurants and out on the back porch with our cups of tea. What a great, great week. Now, I am just sad that we live too far apart and cannot spend more weeks or weekends together. Someday...someday...:) I love you, Mom! I admire and respect you so much - your attitude, your work ethic, your generosity. I hope I can be just like you as a mom to Riley and her little brother. Thank you for all of your help and for visiting us this past week. Thank you for inspiring me!

I will have to post some pictures soon, but for now, enjoy these stats:

1. 5 bags of donation for Goodwill.
2. 9 bags of garbage.
3. 6 vacuum-sealed bags of Riley's clothes, bedding, and blankets.
4. 1 fixed vacuum cleaner.
5. Countless stains removed from Riley's baby clothes!
6. Tons of laundry!
7. 2+ hours spent at the pool with Riley.
8. 3 closets cleaned out and organized.
9. Only 1 trip to the mall. :(

No comments: