Thursday, May 27, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow!

Wow! I cannot believe we will be adding a little boy to our family tomorrow. Really, I find pregnancy and motherhood to be such surreal experiences, filled with wonder and magic and so much joy. I cannot wait to start all over with a newborn, and I am thrilled for Riley to have a sibling. At the same time, it has been nice spending lots of quality time with Riley this week, cuddling on the couch, giggling while watching Buzz Lightyear before going to bed, and sharing lots of hugs and kisses. She is going to be a terrific Big Sister. I told Shawn that now it seems so manageable - working, playing and taking care of Riley, keeping up with the house, finding some leisure time, writing and reading. I know we will get back to that point again, but I am so looking forward to the craziness that comes along with a new baby. I love having someone to take care of, someone who needs me so much, and I cannot wait to give my love and care and time and attention to Adrian.

Okay, enough sentimental pregnancy ramblings! Time to play some Mario and count-down the hours. I just had my last meal (a delicious mini-apple pie from Natasha!! Yum!!), my bag is packed, and the room is ready. Baby...here we come!

No comments: