Sunday, May 30, 2010

He's Here!!

This past Friday, May 28th, we welcomed Adrian Shawn Harding into the world, into our family, and into our hearts. My c-section was scheduled for noon. After a relaxing morning, we headed to the hospital to be prepped for surgery. The whole experience was incredible. The nurses were awesome, the spinal worked wonders, and by 1:43, we had our little boy! He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces, and he measured 18.5 inches long. He just needed to be observed for six hours, but after that, he came into our room and started nursing right away. He is a champ! I felt so much better this time around, too. I was out of bed around 6:30 and really starting to feel good by the next morning. We were even discharged a day early! Riley has done a great job as a big sister. She loves helping out with Baby Adrian, and she makes sure she keeps her own baby dolls swaddled now, too.

Allison and my dad came down from Virginia and spent the weekend with us. Allison got to stay overnight with me in the hospital, and though we should have been sleeping, it was nice chatting in the middle of the night like we used to do when we were kids. Dad and Allison both helped so much with Riley and getting us situated back at home before they needed to leave. It was awesome having them here with us to share this experience and meet Adrian. Allison, thanks for making me laugh so much I had to hold my stomach together! Dad, thanks for the awesome signs and balloon and trip to Target. Thanks for everything! We miss you already!!

A big thanks to Caroline, too, for spending most of Friday at the hospital with us. Shawn and I were both pretty tired and drained after the c-section, and Caroline kept Riley entertained. She also doubled as a nurse for a bit, too, helping me get out of bed and down to the nursery to see Adrian for the first time. Thanks, Caroline! You rock!

And thanks to all of our friends who called and came to visit us in the hospital!

We couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend! What a special time to be surrounded by family and friends. I am so in love with our little man already. I love watching him sleep and stretch, and I cannot believe he is mine.

Enjoy the pictures!

























6 comments:

Da Costa said...

He's beautiful Linz! Congratulations!!! :0)

Lucinda said...

Aww! So sweet! Congrats!

Lucinda said...

The last comment was from me---------- Lucinda

Kira said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! He is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jlowryjr said...

Congrats on the little guy!

Jamie said...

We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little guy! He looks adorable! All the pics are awesome.