Sunday, August 14, 2011

Riley @ Her Funniest!

Yesterday @ the park:

(Shawn is pushing Adrian on the swing and pretending to get kicked by Adrian's feet each time the swing swings forward...)

Riley: Daddy, you are so funny. (Giggle.) You are so funny. (More giggling.) You are so freaking funny! (Runs away to play elsewhere.)

Today in the car:

Shawn: "The duck on the bus goes, 'quack,' 'quack,' 'quack.'

Riley: "Daddy, there's no duck on the bus!"

Shawn: "The dog on the bus goes, 'bark,' 'bark,' 'bark.'

Riley: "Daddy, there's no dog on the bus!"

Shawn: (Tries again with one or two more animals.)

Riley: "Dad. Is this an animal bus? No. This is a people bus."

Shawn: "Oh, sorry, Riley."

Riley: "Did you learn your lesson?"

Okay, seriously, these two moments were laugh-out-loud funny. And I am so proud that my three year old can use rhetorical questions and sarcasm in conversation. I guess I should admit that I have been trying to get her to say 'freaking funny' since she started talking. I say it all the time. Guess it's time to dial it down... I guess I should also admit that I was laughing while typing about these two moments, especially the second one. The bus lines are just. so. funny.


No comments: