Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New School Year Resolutions...

I feel like this is a better time to set out some goals, especially this year with so much newness.

Here it goes. Feel free to laugh at my idealism. Or scoff at my plans. But hey, goals are goals. Reach for the stars, right?

1. Spend 60 dollars a week on groceries. (So far, so good...four weeks in!)
2. Sunday as laundry day.
3. Pass the Spanish for Reading Knowledge translation exam some time this semester.
4. Write a new story a month.
5. Submit stories like crazy and get at least one of my thesis stories published. (Okay, I'd really like all of them published...but I will start with one!).
6. Read a book a week (Yeah, it's time to start this up again...).
7. Teach and study like crazy (I know goals are supposed to be specific and concrete, but this one works for me.
8. Try something new in Athens with the family every month.
9. Despite the hustle and bustle, enjoy this pregnancy - all of the kicks, the growing belly, even the bumpy topography of my veiny legs. And enjoy Riley and Adrian - their smallness, the cuddles, the stories and games, the mornings and bedtime routines. By December, they will both be infinitely older. It just happens.
10. Make new friends and keep in touch with my old friends and, of course, my family.

It feels good to have a list out there. Time to get to work on it!

No comments: