Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adjustments and Achievements: A List

1. We're having a....surprise!! I had my anatomy scan at almost 23 weeks today, but Shawn and I decided to be surprised this time around. Since the c-section will be scheduled and we have clothing galore, we thought a surprise would be kind of fun! (Okay, not sure how this fits into the list, but I had to share!)

2. Riley can spell and write her name! She just decided she wanted to learn this past weekend. Between that and her tech savvy-ness, calculus may only be a few years off. I kid, I kid.

3. Adrian got his fifth tooth. I may have mentioned that in a previous post...can't remember.

4. My weekly schedule has radically changed. Now, I go to campus Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I work for 2-3 hours in the mornings, teach for two, and then head home on Mon and Fri. Wednesday is Marathon Day. After I teach, I have back to back seminars. It is a long day, for sure, but I love it! Tuesdays and Thursdays are work days. I get to read and write and study all day long! Plus, I can wear shorts or leggings and a t-shirt. Oh, the academic life. How I love you!

5. Since Shawn is not coaching, we get to spend a lot more time with him in the evenings. We usually go pick the kids up together, and now that we are YMCA members, head to the Y for some bball and swimming.

6. With our 60 dollars/week for groceries, our meal selection has actually improved! I love the challenge of planning an exciting menu for less, and still stocking enough snacks and food to keep Riley satiated. Man, can that girl eat! At night, she'll tell us, "My stomach's starving." Cutest thing ever (and also a ploy to stay awake longer).

7. We just signed up for Bountiful Baskets. This concept is new to me, but I am very excited about it. For 15 dollars (which will bring my grocery budget down to 45 next week), we get a basket of fresh veggies and fruits Saturday morning. Can't wait to see the goodies we will get! So exciting!!

8. Adrian might be the next Larry Bird. Put him in a gym, and he lights up (and opens his mouth and lets his tongue hang out...so cute)!

9. As a result of my schedule change, I get more time with the kiddos in the morning. I love it. Today, we made yellow, red, green, and blue pancakes. An extra hour feels like an eternity, and it's enough time for play, breakfast, and getting ready.

10. Teaching college kids. I love this, too. I just introduced my first paper prompt on Monday, and the final draft will be due next Friday. The kids are sweet and fun so far (and hopefully learning). Freshmen are freshmen are freshmen...I miss my high school kids, but I am enjoying the 47 I have now and getting to focus on just writing with them.

No comments: