Sunday, February 8, 2009

T-minus Two Weeks Until the Marathon...


This morning, I dragged myself away from Riley and Shawn to run my second twenty-miler in preparation for the Gainesville Marathon, which is coming up in two short weeks! Let's just say I survived! I powered through two PowerBar Goos, a G2, and a bottle of water (thanks to Caroline who drove it out to me at Fresh Market!). The cool morning soon evaporated into a cloudless seventy-degree day. Now that it is over, I am again looking forward to running my second marathon so soon. Over these next two weeks, I just need to start tapering, keep hydrating, and maintain high spirits. I know it is going to be miserable towards the end, but all the pain will be worth it to cross that finish line and complete 26.2 miles.


If you are in the G-ville area, feel free to come out to support me during the race. Hope to see you there!


Here's a link to the site with all sorts of information about the marathon: http://www.lifesouth.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=138



3 comments:

Da Costa said...

You are AWESOME! 13.1 is my max. Never will I do what you are doing. Major props to you! And don't worry! You'll kill it on race day! :0)

Jamie said...

Go Linz! I think it's so awesome that you're doing the marathon - you are an inspiration!

Kira said...

Oh if I was there I would TOTALLY be out cheering you on!!!! I am going to run a marathon in May, and I couldn't be more excited. YOu are my inspiration right now :-)