Monday, February 23, 2009

26.2 in 4:19:58!!

I did it! I ran my second marathon, the Gainesville Five Points of Life Marathon. The race was yesterday morning, at 7:00am. The conditions were perfect: 40 degrees at the start and sunny, breezy, and 65 at the finish. The course was awesome - mostly flat with some rolling hills and all over Gainesville. What a morning!!


The best part? How great the race felt! Honestly, I cannot believe how much fun I had running the entire 26.2 miles (no stopping or walking this time around!). I was even smiling all the way up to the 23 mile marker. The last three miles were grueling, but I ran so much better than I hoped I would. I finished with a time of 4:19:58, which translates into 9:56 miles and fourth place in my age group! I was pumped!!


A HUGE thanks to Shawn and Riley! They were fans extraordinare!! Seriously, the two of them showed up almost every two miles to cheer me on. Plus, they got me flowers and all sorts of goodies for afterwards. Thanks, sweethearts. Your support meant so much to me - yesterday and throughout my training. I could not have done it without you!!

And, a big thanks to Alli. Even though she was in New York City while I was running, all of the miles we ran together while training (including a 20 miler a month ago) and all of the support and encouragement over the phone made a huge difference in the race. Alli, you push me to be better in everything I do. Thank you for motivating and inspiring me!

Caroline and Irene, thanks for cheering me on before the race and believing in me even when I doubted myself! You rock!
And now for some post-race pics...

If I look really pale, it's because of the sweat stains on my face! I was covered with them!
Me with my medal and a bottle of water and feeling so, so good! Well, okay, a bit tired...

Enjoy the video complements of Shawn!

1 comment:

Kira said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Lindz, you are a rock star! I actually cried watching the video ... I am so glad you had fun and did so well!