Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Visit From Aunt Alli

This past week, my best friend and twin sister came to visit to spend time with me and her new niece, Riley. We had a wonderful time, taking Riley on her first mall shopping trip, laying out in the sun, reading, watching movies, searching for rehearsal dinner dresses, going for walks, and more. Overall, it was a fantastic week. I was continually amazed by how awesome Alli is - as a friend, an aunt, a medical school student, and a sister - during our time together. I am incredibly proud of all that she has accomplished in medical school and thrilled for her upcoming wedding this summer. In addition, I am so thankful for our great relationship. I have been missing her ever since I dropped her off at the airport four hours ago, and I am already looking forward to the next week we get to spend together in July in Tennessee.
While she was here, we hit Chopsticks with Irene and enjoyed a fab Thai meal, the nice atmosphere and lake view, and great company. If you haven't been to Chopsticks, it is worth a trip. Great menu, good prices, and delicious food. Good times for sure.
We also had pancake night and watched Survivor and Grey's with Caroline on Thursday. Shawn made us all HUGE chocolate chip pancakes that we topped with whipped cream, syrup, and strawberries. Then, we watched our shows and hung out with Riley. I think Alli got me hooked on Survivor. Oh, and I decided it is the one reality TV show I would LOVE to be on.
Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Alli gets into an away elective for anesthesia at UF and decides to complete her residency here. It would be amazing to live in the same city again.
Thanks for an incredible week. I love you, Alli!

No comments: