Thursday, May 8, 2008

Girls' Night Out!

What truly great girls' night would be complete without ice cream, a chic flic, fabulous company and, of course, Patrick Dempsey?

Last night, I went to see Made of Honor with Irene, Caroline, Lacy, and Kira. We met up with Natasha first for some Cold Stone goodness before heading to the theatre. It was so wonderful to hang out with such an amazing group of friends. Thanks for a terrific night, ladies!

From the moment the movie started until it ended, Tom (Dempsey's character) was adorably handsome and irrestibly charming. Usually it is the male character with the accent that steals the show, but not in this movie. The Scot paled in comparison to the tall, dark, and handsome McDreamy. (sigh!)

In the movie, there is a reference to a psycho blogger who wrote two pages just on Tom's face. While I do not blame her, I think it is enough to say that he is one beautiful man. (long sigh!)


Now onto the movie itself: It was delightful, sweet, and just downright hysterical at times. The basic story is about a man whose finally realizes he has feelings for his best girl friend - but, too late. Tom then spends the rest of the movie trying to become the best Maid of Honor to show Hannah that he has matured and is ready for love. At the same time, he is working hard to steal the bride. Hannah is gorgeous and classy and has a great wardrobe. Her and Tom made a perfect couple. The random moments throughout the movie are priceless. Coffee collars, tiny shorts basketball player, the dunking scot, a kilt that is way too short for Tom, a beaded necklace for grandma, a ridiculous pre-nup for Tom's father, etc. And the swoon-worthy lines were classic: "You make make laugh more than anyone. You are my best friend. I just want to be with you."


This was a great movie to see on a Wednesday night. Not only because it brightens up your week, but also because you only have to wait one more day to see Patrick Dempsey as Dr. McDreamy on Grey's. (very long sigh!)











1 comment:

Jamie said...

Linz, I went to see this movie on Tuesday and I can't agree with you more! I loved it and thought it was witty and sweet. I really liked the little things that the two of them shared - the movie did a great job of depicting their relationship. I thought it was one of the more intelligent chick flicks I've seen in a long time. (Although I have to admit that I would have gone to see it regardless just because of McDreamy!)