Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grandma's Visit!!

"Where you lead, I will follow anywhere that you tell me to. If you need me to be with you, I will follow where you lead."
-Theme song from Gilmore Girls

What a great week it has been with grandma! While I cherish every moment my mom and I spend together, these past few days have been even more special with Riley here. Mom has been a huge help with her new granddaughter, even enjoying changing the really dirty diapers. How cool is that? The three of us have bonded over long walks; iced and hot Dunkin' Donuts coffee; shopping at the mall, Target, outlets, and online; lunch at the Olive Garden; afternoon tea in Starke; and, visiting Saint Augustine. Oh, and we have watched at least ten episodes of Gilmore Girls, and we still have two and a half days to go!



Some highlights...


Tea at the Strawberry Tea Room in Starke was wonderful! I treated my mom for her birthday (which was in January), and we had a marvelous time enjoying pineapple and cream cheese tea sandwiches, strawberry and pecan scones, and a delicious array of tasty desserts. Both of us enjoyed our tea so much that we bought some to take home. Riley was a perfect guest (She slept the whole time!). Out of all of the teas we have experienced together, the meal and atmosphere in Starke were among our favorites.



Then, we headed east to Saint Augustine. A big surprise awaited there for mom: the Atlantic Ocean! We enjoyed a very pleasant stroll through the downtown of the oldest city in America. For me, it was a cross between Savannah, Santa Fe, and Chautauqua. We will definitely have to return to explore the city more.:)



Tomorrow, we are taking Riley for her first portraits at JCPenny. Then, grandma gets to party with Riley while Shawn and I join our adult friends for an adult evening out! Our first alone date since Riley arrived.


On Friday, we are traveling down to Tampa to visit great grandpa and do some more shopping. Oh, and we are hitting the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. The perfect end to a perfect week.


Mom, I love you so much, and I am so glad we got to spend this week together. You are a terrific grandmother - and, an amazing mom. You are my role model. Thank you for such a memorable week. Even if Riley doesn't remember it, I know I certainly will.

1 comment:

Kira said...

what a fun week Lindsey!!! I can't wait to see the JC Penny's portraits of Riley! You have to tell me when they are in. The movie was great, I am glad that we got to see you (even if it was just briefly :-)