Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day!

Riley is gift enough everyday, reminding me how wonderful and fun being a mom is. Yet, Shawn put together a fantastic Mother's Day for me, and I was again reminded of how sweet Riley is - and, how thoughtful and amazing my husband is. The day will definitely be hard to top!


First, Shawn let me sleep a couple of extra hours while he took care of Riley and made me breakfast. When I woke up, he asked me to get Riley from her crib, and sitting next to her was a bag from Coach!! I did not have time to open it right then because Riley needed a diaper change and food. When I sat down with her, Shawn brought my breakfast in (banana and peanut butter english muffins) and hot tea.

Once Riley was settled, I discovered that inside the Coach bag was a beautiful wallet! I had tossed around the idea of wanting one for a while, but I never thought Shawn would splurge on one for me. Talk about being surprised. Now, I am going to be one stylish and hip mom! Shawn had also written me a letter that definitely made me cry. Good cry.

For the rest of the day, Shawn remained awesome. He went on a walk with me and Riley, and even made stuffed peppers for dinner. Oh, and took me to Dairy Queen for dessert. All in all, the day was fantastic! Mother's Day might just be my favorite holiday of the year...:)

Did I mention my husband is amazing!?! Not only as a husband and a father - but, as my best friend and the love of my life.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This made me cry it was so sweet. Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!

Kira said...

Happy Mother's Day Lindsey. I agree, there is nothing better than being a mom. Congrats to us!!!