Sunday, May 29, 2011

All About Adrian

Yesterday, Adrian turned one. I cannot believe that last year at this time, I was in the hospital with my little man, Shawn, Alli, my dad, Riley, and visiting friends. What a blur this year has been. And how grateful I am for Adrian in my life! Riley was an easy baby, but Adrian is easier. He has a mellow disposition, his default demeanor is a smile or laugh, and he seems to be bursting with energy, especially now that he is mobile. He now has three teeth, can clap, wave, and gobbles down pretty much any food you put in front of him. Balls are his favorite toy at the moment, and he's got a pretty good arm for a lil guy. I love his exciting run to me when he hears my voice at daycare. I love, love picking him up out of his crib in the morning to cuddle and smile together. I love watching him chase after Riley and sometimes run away. I love the way his hair poofs and grows and grows and grows. He fits our family so well and adds so much to it. Adrian, I love you so much. Happy birthday, kid!

Friends, thanks for celebrating with us at the park yesterday. Riley was my big helper. She mixed the cake, helped me decorate it, and watched as I prepared the tomato, basil, and mozzarella skewers. What can I say? The girl loves her parties!



No comments: