Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recent Happenings of Riley and Adrian

Riley:

1. She can't wait to teach Adrian everything. We've made a list. So far, she wants to teach him how to cover his mouth when he coughs, how to say yes and no, and how to have manners.

2. She has been really into plants recently. She loves watering them and talking about what they need: dirt, water, sunlight, and singing.

3. Eating. I occasionally will get yelled at if I do not put enough food in her lunch. And when we get close to running out of something she enjoys, she is quick to remind us that we have to get more at the store. Fortunately, she also knows that most things we don't buy unless they are on sale.

4. Videos. She asks me to film her all the time! She tries to think of funny things to do and loves to sing with the camera on. It's awesome.

5. Circle time. She tries to get me and Adrian to sit in a circle with her for story-time. Adrian and I get reprimanded if we talk or laugh, though. "You need to be quiet or I'm not going to read this story to you, Mommy." Cracks me up.

6. She started calling me Mama again, and I love it. Of course she usually uses it when she wants something, but it is so cute. I thought those Mama days were behind her. So glad they are not!

Adrian:

1. Now he can stand up straight from a sit.

2. Finally, his second tooth came through!

3. This week, he's been gobbling down ham. We also started trying him on whole milk.

4. He loves to play in the little yard pool that we have. He climbs in and out, and usually that involves a face-first plunge into the dirt. Pictures to come! He is such a boy!

No comments: