Friday, June 17, 2011

Changes...

Here we go!

So much is going on, and I have so much to post about. Our lives are full and about to be awash with change. And change is tough. On the one hand, I am thrilled about starting the next chapter of our lives in Athens, Georgia. I cannot wait to continue pursuing my dream to be a teacher and a writer at The University of Georgia while I work on my Ph.D. in Creative Writing and English. I am excited for new restaurants, new adventures, new parks, new experiences, new friends, new inspiration, and new memories. But at the same time, this change makes me sad. We've been in Gainesville for five years, and that is the longest I have lived in any one place since I was in elementary and middle school. Here, I have a great group of girl friends, a great school to work at, and Chinese and pizza places in a Publix plaza minutes from our neighborhood. We even have a pool across the street. The decision-making process was hard, and I felt distracted and bi-polar for a couple of weeks. But, I have an amazingly supportive husband, and we decided to go for it, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Now, my days in Gainesville are numbered. I start in Athens on July 1st. Shawn and the kids will be moving up to join me in the middle of July. Come fall, I will be teaching two sections of Freshman Composition and taking a couple of classes. Everything is coming together, and we are trying to make the most of our time left in Gainesville to hang out with friends and hit our favorite spots. Boxes litter our house, and the kids are having a ball playing with packing material. They build and tear down foam houses. Their worlds are about to be rocked, but I know change will be good for them, too. I learned so much moving around throughout my childhood, and I am excited for my children to have the same learning experiences.

In Athens, we already signed our lease on a beautiful home on 1.5 acres. I will post pictures later this summer. We've already found a school for the kids, too.

So the adventure is about to begin. I will miss my friends dearly and Gainesville, too. Hello, Athens, here we come!

PS Enjoy the new pictures on my blog, courtesy of Cristi Lopez Photography. I just got them today. She captures something special in Riley and Adrian. Her photos take my breath away.




No comments: