Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Put a Rainbow in the Sky

Here's my conversation with Riley on the way home today.

Riley: "We need to put a rainbow in the sky. First, we need our butterfly wings so we can flap our wings and put the rainbow in the sky. Then we can color it with my crayons."

Me: "Where are we going to get a rainbow."

Riley: "From the store. We need to get it from a new store. First we have to build the store. We'll have to buy a small rainbow."

Me: "Then we can use Daddy's air pump to blow it up."

Riley: "That's a good idea, Mommy. We'll buy a small rainbow and then we can pump it up with Daddy's pump. Then we can flap our butterfly wings and put it in the sky. We need to get sticky tape too so we can put it in the sky. Then we can color it with my crayons.

Me: "That sounds like a great plan, Riley."

Riley: "First, we'll buy a small rainbow and sticky tape. Then we have to put it in the sky. We'll need to build a butterfly so we can get our butterfly wings. Then we'll flap our wings so we can put the rainbow in the sky with sticky tape. Then we'll color it with my crayons. And you can help, and Daddy, and Adrian."

Me: "I like family projects."

Riley: "We need to put the rainbow in sky so it won't rain anymore."

Okay, how cute is that! And creative! Oh, and just prior to this conversation, I was grumbling about a car in front of me who was braking for a green light. So Riley says, "It's okay, Mommy. You just need to have patience." Seriously, she used patience appropriately in a sentence! I love this girl!

1 comment:

Kira said...

catching up on blogs and I have to say I think this is one of the cutest conversations that I have ever heard of EVER!!!! What a clever little girl!