Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Gifts Galore!


1. Girls night out! Last Wednesday, I went out with six amazing women to celebrate my birthday at Sabore! What a great night! Thanks Caroline, Irene, Natasha, Julie, Generosa, and Codie for making my birthday so special! I have awesome friends. Seriously. Most of these ladies have seen me at my absolute worst (aka sobbing, crying, angry, venting...etc.), and I don't know what I would do without their support, encouragement, kindness, generosity, and love. Their friendship makes me a better friend, a better person.

2. An awesome journal from Caroline and two delicious chocolate bars and a Barnes and Noble gift card from Irene! Love, love, love.

3. Triple-layer carrot cake from Caroline. I think I have personally scarfed down half of it already! So good!

4. Sick! From Shawn. Spent the whole weekend in bed. Thanks, Babe. Love you, too!

5. Money towards my new ultraportable and iPad!! Thanks Shawn and Mom and Dad and Grandma Toni!! Eeeekk. That's me being excited about my upcoming purchases. Just waiting to check out this season's ultraportables (esp. Lenovo's Thinkpad coming out in February) and the second generation iPad.

6. Panera giftcard! Thanks Mom and Dad! Going to head to my favorite writing destination tonight for dinner and thesis work! Can't wait!

7. Bath and Body Works Giftcard. Thanks Aunt Barb! I am pumped to stock up on sweet smelling soaps and wall-flower refills! Wahoo!!

8. Facebook greetings! My wall was packed with birthday wishes! So exciting!!

9. Cards from Shawn and the kiddos. Thanks, Babe! The cards were adorable and so funny!!

10. Cards from Bren and Libby and Aunt Lynne. Thanks for the birthday greetings! Thanks for thinking of me!!

Wow. 28. Here's to another awesome year. Wouldn't mind this year bringing a published collection of short stories and a new baby...I'm just saying....:)

No comments: