Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Who: Just the four of us!
What (we ate): Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and mini-apple pies. Yum, yum! And for Riley, baby dino chicken nuggets. And for Adrian, just green beans.
Where: G-ville. We spent the weekend hanging out at home, going to parks, going shopping, writing at Panera, and playing some basketball at Oak Hall.

The Highlights:

1. Going Black Friday shopping and out to Panera for breakfast with both kids! Since Shawn was up late Thanksgiving night, I decided to take both kids along to Kohl's at around 7am for some shopping and then a stop at Panera for Riley's "bagel and muffin" and my coffee. It was awesome. I am hoping to train Riley to be my shopping buddy!

2. Riley started telling me, "You stay here and don't touch anyfing!" When I asked her where she got that phrase from, she said Aladdin. Yes, that's right. She is quoting movies.

3. Shawn and I seriously made a meal for a dozen people, not 2.65. We are still eating leftovers! But everything we made was delicious. I was really proud we were able to make such a tasty feast! Good work, hun!! Oh, and I was pretty pumped to try my friend Natasha's apple pie recipe. Soooo good!

4. Adrian turned six months old on Sunday. Hard to believe our little man already has a half year under his belt. He is still smiling like crazy and now he is so active: rolling, scooting, and trying to crawl. He's awesome!

5. I am so thankful for my incredible family (in Virginia and beyond), my wonderful friends, the chance to pursue my passions (writing and teaching), my twin sister, my husband, and my babies. This year, I feel my life coming together. At one point, I realized I was in it, and by it I mean raising kids, pursuing a career, living day to day and trying to soak it all up. How fast it happens. I am grateful for the opportunities I have right now to live the life I have and be surrounded by the people in my life. I am thankful to be happy, tired and happy.







2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like everything was delicious and that you had a great time with just your family... beautiful memory. :)

Alli and CE said...

I love that you wrote that you were thankful for your twin sister before your husband!! I love you man!!