Thursday, May 21, 2009

Best Day of School Ever!


Today at school, we had our Upper School Awards Convocation. It is a time when the entire Upper School student body and faculty gets together to recognize the extraordinary achievements of our students.

We also recognize one teacher whom the student body votes on for the Teacher Appreciation Award.

This year, I won that award!

I cannot tell you how exciting and wonderful it felt to receive such an honor. I am so thankful to everyone who helped me to receive this awesome award:

1. Above all my students. I am blessed to have had three amazing groups of amazingly talented girls and boys over the past three years. They make going to work every day a fun and meaningful experience. I have learned so much from them - probably more than they have learned from me!

2. My co-workers. I love working at Oak Hall. I have some awesome colleagues who make me want to work harder and be a better teacher. For the most part, it is a very friendly and welcoming place to work, and I am honored to be a member of the Oak Hall community.

3. My awesome support staff at home. Seriously, I would not be the teacher I am today with all of the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep me sane! Alli, thanks for being the best twin ever and talking me through all of my stressed-out times. A big shout-out to Caroline and Irene: for being incredible friends. Mom and Dad, thank you for being the role models I aspire to be. Brendan and Claire, thanks for keeping it real for me and for loading me up with some awesome teaching ideas! And last but not least, Shawn and Riley! You two know why...:)

To celebrate, Caroline had an awesome idea to go out to dinner and grab some ice cream afterwards. So Shawn, Riley, Irene, Walmir, Christian, Caroline, and I enjoyed dinner together at the Flying Biscuit and then had some D-Lites afterwards. Yum! Thank you all for helping me celebrate this great day! What a surprisingly terrific way to end my third year at Oak Hall!!

2 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Congrats! Very cool that you won the award!

Jamie said...

Wow that's awesome, I'm so proud of you! Congrats!