Sunday, December 4, 2011

O, Christmas Tree, etc.


This weekend was certainly a busy one! Since I've still got one more assignment for the semester, I'll give you the run-down in pictures and bullet points. Who am I kidding? I'd probably stick to the list-picture profile for the weekend even if I wasn't still in school mode...:)

1. Mommy-daughter movie date! Riley and I went to see Arthur Christmas yesterday. We wanted to do something special for Riley since the baby's arrival is rapidly approaching (t-minus ten days!). She chose Arthur Christmas, but we both thought that it was Arthur's Christmas, like a feature film starring Arthur, the cute animal friend with his own series? Nope, this was totally different. But it was a really enjoyable movie and perfect for getting into the holiday mode!

2. Which takes us to getting our Christmas tree. We chopped down our own Leyland Cyprus late Saturday. Well, Shawn and Riley did the hard work. Adrian and I just watched. Good times! The farm was right down the street from our house, and the tree looks beautiful. Now we just need to finish getting ornaments up.

3. Dinner at Five Guys and our first trip to Trader Joe's. Best time to grab a burger? How about at the start of the SEC championship game when Georgia is playing? We accounted for four of the six patrons in the place.

4. Homemade ornaments. This year, we all pitched in to make some salt dough ornaments. What a fun and easy holiday craft! They turned out really well, and Riley even let us know she wants to be an artist when she grows up.

5. Reading. Riley has been really into her library books recently. She's even got most of one book memorized, and she really enjoys "reading" it to us.

6. Monster Cookie. I found out today that a proposal I submitted for a conference was selected! I will be reading a short story at Southern Miss in March! So exciting! I got to enjoy my second monster cookie in two weeks.

7. Friday Night Lights. So in scanning Netflix for shows to watch once the baby comes, I realized I never watched the final season of FNL. Love, love, love this show, the cast, everything about it. I've been staying up way too late to watch it, but it is so worth it!

Okay, that about does it. Time to get back to my school work! Enjoy the pictures. More to come once we finish up the tree!







1 comment:

Bren said...

Great post, Linz! Congrats about your proposal selection - awesome news!!