Thursday, July 8, 2010

Talkative Two-Year Old...

Wow, can Riley talk! I mean, really talk. Like all the time. Shawn and I just look at each other and shake our heads. Here are some of the statements, questions, and words we are hearing these days...

1. That's enough! (usually after we put a handful of cereal into a cup for her to snack on.)
2. Chocolate milk.
3. I go buy gas...and snacks. (This is what she says while holding a credit card she has taken out of Shawn's wallet.)
4. I cold...I need dress. (This is usually quite dramatic...even with some mock shivering.)
5. Your show's over...my turn now. (her attempt to regain control of the TV to watch more Dora)
6. Six, seven, nine! (Riley's version of counting...she is not a fan of eight! We've tried!)
7. I don't like it vs. I want more. (her way of sharing her opinions on meals and different foods)
8. I push play! (doesn't matter what type of button: elevator, electronic door...)
9. Marshmallows (she cleaned out a box of Lucky Charms...)
10. I need band-aid. (though sometimes it comes out as headband...and she can even open the band-aid and put it on all by herself.)

No comments: