Monday, February 1, 2010

A Riley Recap...








So now that I am up-to-date with our new lil one, it is time to highlight my beautiful baby girl. I cannot believe her second birthday is right around the corner in April. I cannot believe how fast she can run. I cannot believe the words she can say or how much she talks. I cannot believe how sweet and affectionate she is. The whole process of raising a child still has me completely mystified and in awe. How does a squirming, squalling thing all of a sudden have so much personality, so much love to share, so much to talk about? Okay, so I could go on and on, but let's suffice it to say that I think the world of my little girl, and I only hope she knows how much I love her.

Beyond that, he's a more concrete list of what she's been up to...

1. A little potty training. This past week, she went in the potty twice (#2 and #1). Spring break we are going to make a big push, but she definitely is getting more interested.

2. Reading. The girls loves her books. We probably read a good ten books a night!

3. Words. Let's see...some of my favorites right now are "Wake up!", "Shoot basketball," "pizza," "read books," and her own name!

4. A new room. We moved Riley into our study after some mad furniture rearrangement, a fresh coat of paint, and a fun trip to Target to deck out her room. Still not sure what to do with the walls, but I will hopefully figure it out once Alli comes to visit soon! She seems to really like her new room, and I cannot believe what a big girl she is now!

No comments: