Sunday, February 28, 2010

A GOLDen Weekend!

Between yesterday morning at 8am and this morning at 7:30am, I spent twenty hours at my school! We had our annual GOLD overnight for the eighth grade girls at Oak Hall, and it was a huge success again! Even though we had to fill some time because our Zumba instructor wasn't feeling well and the yoga instructor failed to show up, the 11th and 12th grade team of girls helping to run the night did an awesome job with the eighth graders, getting to know them, answering their questions, and preparing them for high school. The night passed so fast - especially since I probably only sat down for an hour total and we had plenty of food to keep us going through the wee hours of the morning. So much fun! It is seriously one of my favorite opportunities as a teacher and one of my favorite nights of the year! Though sleep deprived, the night leaves me feeling so excited and pumped up! Good times!

Oh, and Shawn left for DC with his fifth graders today, which means it has been just me and Riley since 1:00 this afternoon. The only nap I took today was three hours long, and I am still functioning! Wahoo! Let's hope that lasts until Riley goes to bed tonight!!

1 comment:

Da Costa said...

Hooray for GOLD!!! I'm so sad I wasn't there for this one. You'll have to give me all the details later! :0)