Thursday, August 13, 2009

Five Wonderful Years!

Today, Shawn and I reached a milestone: our five year anniversary. While five years seems like a substantial amount of time, it truly does seem like yesterday that we were starting our life together. In the past half-decade, so much has changed and so much has stayed the same. Shawn is still the goofy, adorable, responsible, kind, and thoughtful man I fell in love with. Someone who would do anything for a friend in need. Someone who I trust to calm me down when I get overwhelmed or frustrated. Someone who makes me laugh intensely, live fully, and love completely. And yet, now I get to see him be an incredible father for Riley - and, I am falling in love with him all over again. In five years, we have cruised Hawaii, visited Oregon, road-tripped, vacationed in Williamsburg, spent summers in Tennessee, moved to Florida, spent Christmases in Virginia, visited family in Texas, had a baby, watched countless movies and TV shows curled up on a couch together, seen Taylor Swift in concert, watched Wicked in Tampa, hiked, walked, laughed, shopped, dined, and enjoyed each other - and, I cannot wait for five more years of our adventures together. And then five years after that. And five years after that. You get the idea.

Shawn: I love you. As a friend, father, and husband, I adore you. Thank you for five beautiful, beautiful years.

To celebrate, we have already spent a week together (just the two of us ) in Williamsburg, which was great. Very relaxing. Just what we needed before the school year starts again. Tonight, we are heading out to Embers for a very nice dinner. I can't wait!

No comments: