Friday, November 18, 2011

Vacation, Here We Come!

In the morning, we will head out for vacation! I've never had a full week off at this time of the year, and I totally wanted to take advantage of that, especially with the new baby's ETA at a month away (so exciting!!). So off to Tennessee we go! We are heading to a resort on the Cumberland Plateau, and I couldn't be more thrilled to spend a week with the kiddos, Shawn, my parents, Brendan, and Claire! We're bummed Alli and CE can't come, too, but we'll see them over Christmas break. Especially since we didn't go to Sewanee this past summer (so sad!), I am really glad to have a chance to enjoy some beautiful, relaxing countryside.

Before we go, a quick update:

1. Riley has been narrating in song recently. Love the spontaneous, creative ballads.
2. Adrian is in the throes of a needy and tantrum-heavy phase. Not that he doesn't have his fair share of smiles and hugs still, but he can get quite moody when he doesn't get his way or we can't read his mind. Fun times.
3. My classes meet once more, and I teach five more class meetings. And that's it! Semester one, done! It has been a great one, though. I've learned so much, and I am excited to do it all over again. Plus, I'll have a workshop in the spring! Wahoo!
4. Shawn broke his hockey stick playing in a league at the YMCA. And then he scored his first goal with a borrowed stick. Why he wants to buy his own stick is beyond me, especially since borrowed stick = scored goals, right? :)
5. I am obsessed with Pinterest!! So great!! Already, I've made one craft, two recipes, and found five gift ideas.
6. Adrian is starting to communicate more. He shakes his head furiously to mean no and he bounces excitedly when he means yes. He's been babbling a ton, and even tries to call to Riley and the cats, though usually it just comes out as "Ahhhh!" So cute.

I'll definitely have some pictures either on our trip or when we return!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments: