Monday, July 27, 2009

What I'm Reading...

I just finished a book by LA-based author Aimee Bender called An Invisible Sign of My Own.

So good.

Bender is a contemporary writer with a witty and wild prose style, imaginative plot and characters, and heart-breaking pitch. I admire so much about her writing and loved how she pulled different elements of the story together. The story is about family. It's about finding yourself. It's about breaking down barriers and learning how to just get on with life despite its overwhelming frustrations and inevitable disappointments. It's about numbers, an axe, a hardware store, cancer (both fake and real), soap, and failing.

I am looking forward to checking out Bender's two other books soon.

Stay tuned for more installments of What I'm Reading, too! My goal this year is to read a book (or novella) a week. So far, so good!

No comments: